Lead Pastor Gaylon Clark begins a new series, God Inside, with the sermon “The Best Roommate Ever”. God has given the Holy Spirit to us as a lifelong roommate. He is a roommate who helps us endure, who is our strength, and who has a room in our souls.
Small Group Questions
Read John 14:15-18, 23, 25-26 and answer the questions below.
1. Often the role of the Holy Spirit is misrepresented and misunderstood. Discuss anything you have assumed or been taught that has discouraged openness to the Spirit’s influence in your life in the past? What, if any, concerns do you still have about relying on and listening to the Spirit?
2. The passages below teach that the Holy Spirit has been given to every believer. Read them and discuss how they assure us that we all have the Holy Spirit inside.
a. Acts 2:36
b. Romans 8:9
c. 1 Corinthians 12:13
d. Ephesians 1:13-14
e. 1 John 4:13
3. Why is being convinced we have the Spirit so important?
4. Has the Holy Spirit given you an aha! moment lately? Share the spiritual insight he gave you if comfortable doing so. What do you currently need him to give you wisdom about?
5. Discuss various ways we can apply this sermon to our lives as Christians. Discuss one thing you are going to do personally.
6. Share some specific ways you can be more open to the Holy Spirit as a group. How will doing this improve your group times?