We are in a series entitled God Inside. We are talking about the exponential difference the Holy Spirit make in our lives. The Holy Spirit gives us the ability to Say Sometin’ to those who don’t know Jesus.
Small Group Questions
Read Acts 1:6-11 and answer the questions below
1. Explain how the message deepened or changed your understanding of the significance of sharing our faith. Everyone, please share if you are comfortable doing so.
2. What does it look like to trust the Holy Spirit to give us the power to share our faith? What do we do to seize his power?
3. Those who believe in Jesus are going to heaven and those who do not are going to hell according to the scriptures. Jesus unequivocally taught that people would populate heaven and hell in eternity. Read the following passages with your pre-Christian friends, co-workers and family members in mind.
a. John 3:35-36
b. 1 John 5:11-12
c. 2 Peter 3:9
What hinders us from having an eternal perspective on our lives and the lives of others? How can we live with a greater awareness of life after the death – heaven and hell?
4. Being a witness for Christ is not just what we do. It’s who we are. It’s our identity, how we should see ourselves. The Bible speaks of this identity in a few other ways. Read the passages below and discuss their meaning.
a. Matthew 4:19
b. 2 Corinthians 5:18
c. 2 Corinthians 5:20
What is your next step in living out your identity as a witness (fisher of people, ambassador for Christ, etc.)?
5. Here are a few misbeliefs that disempower our witness for Christ:
a. Witnessing is for the professionals.
b. I don’t have the gift of evangelism.
c. I witness with my life.
d. I feel too weird when I witness to keep doing it.
Has one of these disempowered you? Have others? What truth can you embrace to rob the misbelief of its power?