The Holy Spirit is like a Holy Siri, He is Siri in our soul. The worth of the Spirit’s influence is enjoyed most profoundly when sense him gently speaking to us within, leading us, guiding us, comforting us.
Small Group Questions
Read Romans 8:14 and answer the following questions.
1. In what ways, if any, were you challenged to think about the Holy Spirit differently? What reservations do you have about being led by the Spirit?
2. Though God speaks to our souls through the Holy Spirit, he still primarily speaks to us through his word. Read 2 Timothy 3:16-17. Note how he speaks to us according to this passage. What is the ultimate impact of listening to and obeying God’s word over time according to the passage? How do you expose your soul to the word of God regularly?
3. What is the most impactful decision you have made because of something the Spirit said to you? Discuss something the Holy Spirit said to your recently?
4. Read Matthew 4:1 and Acts 20:22. These passages teach us that the Holy Spirit does not always lead us into comfortable places. He leads us to do things that challenge us and demand sacrifice also. Why is it important to remember this? Has the Spirit ever led you to do something sacrificial or that made life more challenging? Explain.
5. Read Acts 8:26-40. How did the Holy Spirit lead Phillip to the Ethiopian Eunuch? What were the results of following the Spirit’s direction? How have you been led to connect with others in past and what were the results? How are you being led to serve others now? Do you see any results yet?
6. What are some things we can do that will help us become more aware of the Spirit’s leadership?